Friday, May 27, 2011

A Millionaire’s Trip to Vietnam: WAW!



Have you ever dreamt of impossible things? Is being a millionaire one of your dreams?

As what I’ve heard from an Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW’s), if we can’t be rich here in our own country, then we might opt to find it somewhere else and fulfill our dreams.



You’ll be surprised if I tell you that the millionaire I’m talking about is me? – YES that’s ME! My dream did come true! I became a millionaire, or should I say multi-millionaire in Vietnam… for five days.



My friends and I went to Vietnam. This was my second time to go out of the country. As usual, I was trilled, I love riding in an airplane. That’s maybe because I dreamt to be a pilot when I was young. Inside the plane I assumed I would be able to watch at least one movie during the flight. To my surprise it didn’t happen. Approximately two hour after departure, the pilot announced to fasten our seatbelts because we were beginning our descent to the International Airport of Ho Chi Minh City (formerly known as Saigon). It felt like I just went to Gen.San. in Mindanao (the native province of our boxing champ Manny Pacquiao).  It was like Saigon was just a few meters away from Manila, hehehe.



We arrived in our hotel around two (2 a.m.) in the morning. The name of the hotel was a bit gibberish (Hoa Hai Long- something like that), it was hard to pronounce. After checking-in we walked outside and looked for a 7eleven or Ministop to get some munchies and refreshments. We saw a local street vendor just like what we have in Manila and were excited to explore the things they could offer. We tried some of the snacks then went back to the hotel to sleep.

My friends and I woke up early to take advantage of the free breakfast buffet of the hotel. After that delightful meal, we headed towards our first itinerary –SHOPPING! Good thing we got a hotel near the famous commercial center for tourists in Saigon – the Ben Thanh Market. But before anything else we needed to rush to a money changer to exchange our US Dollars to Dongs (Vietnamese currency).

I exchanged my one hundred US Dollar… and to my surprise! It became 2.1 Million Dong! I could not believe it. I was a millionaire! With millions in my pocket, I was able to buy so many things… enjoy so many things… experience so many things.

Watch this video to get a glimpse a millionaires experience in Vietnam.



                                  


I have written this experience part-by-part so that I would be able share my memorable trip in detail. Watch out for the succeeding blog topics:

  • 2.  Cu-Chi Tunnel, Vietnam: Rich Cultural Past
  • 3.  Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam: A Millionaire’s City Tour
  • 4.  Saigon Culinary Art Center, Vietman: A Rich Culinary         Experience





Waw! Vietnam!











View Larger Map

9 comments:

  1. Waw! another great video. More! More! More!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice place!!i would want to go there!...maybe in God's time. I enjoyed so much watching and reading your BLOG.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Sosyal Dogs: Thanks, i'll try to more videos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ anonymous: You should really try going to vietnam.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for this info... that we can be instant "multi-millionaires" in vietnam... it made me WANT to experience this wonderful country, people and culture in the near future if my schedule permits it... and God too of course :) thanks for your interesting finds Waw... they are really WOW finds! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @sonny: when you're there i'm sure you'll get more than the millions that you are expecting. The culture, the people and the food. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree! Visiting Vietnam is not that expensive and the food is reaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyy great! Hope you blog on Vietnamese cuisine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome!!! I can see that this is not just being rich monetarily, but being luxurious with precious and priceless experiences.

    It seemed unbelievable at first - 2 million in cold cash. But after I checked four currency conversion sites, yes, it truly is! What's even great is that's just more-or-less 4,400 in Philippine Peso. Cool, eh?!

    I watched the video and its very immersing. I love the flea market scenes. I wonder how they make bargains ("tawad") there... and the handicrafts part, intricate, indigenous, and iconic!

    Impressive!

    Now, where's my Samsonite and my DSLR?...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vietnam is one my favorite places to visit. I have fond memories of that place. Next time, you should visit Hanoi. I enjoyed it there more than Saigon. Anyway, keep on blogging and providing us with WAW finds. - Joey P

    ReplyDelete