Thursday, January 19, 2012

GM: THE PAIN OF HELPING: Edsa MRT Train Snatchers


Photo by: rodrigorivera-inspirare.blogspot.com/2011/01/mrt-or-lrt.html

The DISASTER.

Last night on my way to attend Prayer Life workshop at St. Francis church Ortigas, my cell phone and my one month old iPod Touch was pick pocketed inside MRT (metro rail transit) Shaw blvrd. station.






The DEVIL’s facemask.

In my virtue to do random act of kindness to this old man who asked for directions. It made me realize that he was an accessory to the crime. He kept asking question to me while I’m busy listening to my iPod to distract me from their evil plan. And this very tall man at my side kept staring at me as he leaned heavily towards me on my way out of the train. I thought it was just very normal to be a bit harassed in a crowded train during rush hour. I ignored this man’s malicious gesture – I tried to focus on guiding this old man out of the train.


Photo by: www.rgbstock.com/photo/meXUHPC/Poverty

I become conscious that my gadgets were snatched when my pocket felt very light and my wireless headphone stopped playing my worship songs. I checked my pocket instantaneously, it confirmed to me - t’was all gone!

I turned around to get back in train to confront that man… but the door was already closed. And the man was already gone. And the old man got out of the station so fast like a teenager.



The PAIN of LOSING.

WHEW!... few seconds after, my world slowed down, I started feeling sad… teary eyed… anger filled my heart… blaming myself… asking why it happened… why I wasn’t alert enough… then I asked God, “Lord what happened?”. I was only trying to help.
Photo by: www.jwstruggle.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/manpraying1.jpg

As I walk slowly thru Shangri-La mall towards St. Francis church, I was throwing tantrums to God. I was slamming my pocket and my head. It was an outburst of emotion without opening my mouth. I want to blame God but I know I shouldn’t. Pain covered my heart . I couldn’t breathe. I look like a puppy looking for shelter to nurse me. It felt so heavy, I wanna cry on someone else’s shoulder but I cant – I was alone.

I arrived at the church. I looked for an isolated corner. I was looking to the heavens. Then I asked God again, “Lord what is your message to me?”,  “or is it really meant to happen?” – I couldn’t get an answer from God though I can feel that He’s trying to comfort me and tell me that it wasn’t Him. So I started talking to my angel – tried to blame him but I know I shouldn’t.



Then GOD came to the RESCUE.

In my anguish and helplessness, Bro Noli arrived (a brother in our community). I Told him what happened. He ministered on about how God works and how the devil works in destroying my relationship with God. 

The devil is like a thief in the night waiting to strike. They are like vultures guarding for an opportunity to do their destructive maneuverings - to take my focus away from God, to blame God for what happened and to convince me to revolt against God.

My devotion to serving God becomes a BATTLEGROUND between good and evil.

Temptations are becoming heavier and deeper. My temper, my patience, my relationships, my thoughts, my words, my actions, my desires and my faith. Every area of my being is becoming a test. Even my past is trying to get me again - like zombies in an angels face.


But God enlightened me. When He cried with me through Bro Noli. I felt His Love through His people.



GM – GOD’S MESSAGE.

When darkness cannot accept where we are heading, it tries to destroy our road towards the light of God’s love. When a person is determined to be like Christ Jesus, he will face challenges to de-rail him towards the righteous path. Have faith and hold-on to the one who gives life – GOD.


“Let your roots grow down into Christ and draw up nourishment from Him. See that you go on growing in the Lord, and become strong and vigorous in the truth.” – Colossians 2:7 (LB)


God's ways are amazing: WAW!

16 comments:

  1. Sometimes, God would take some things from us for Him have more room for His blessings... Ü

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes, God would take some things from us for Him have more room for His blessings... Ü

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes, God would take some things from us for Him have more room for His blessings... Ü

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes, God would take some things from us for Him have more room for His blessings... Ü

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes, God would take some things from us for Him have more room for His blessings... Ü

    ReplyDelete
  6. .. Last Nov. 20 on my way too at St. Francis for the last day of Roots, with my daughter.. I also lost my CP (actually it's my daughter's cp.. :D).. From a very crowded MRT..
    .. Same location, but with different gadget, different incident and different response on the situation.. I just said to myself, its only cp.. I can buy again.. I lost my CP, and what's the blessing?? I just knew from my Network that I can get my Loyalty perks from them.. A Brand new Samsung CP.. :)
    .. Waw GOD is GOOD.. mawala na lahat, wag lang yung faith natin sa Kanya.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kuya Waw same mo nadukutan din ako ng cellphone sa LRT Carriedo Station naman. Same situation na nakikinig din ako ng sounds then I noticed biglang nawala yung music kaso di ko agad na-check dahil sobrang siksikan talaga that time, to the point na hindi ka talaga makakakilos. After ko ma-check na nadukutan ako, nanlambot din ako at parang di ko alam ang gagawin. But days after, na-realized ko na lahat naman ng bagay na meron tayo ay pahiram lang ni Lord sa atin at any moment ay pwede nyang bawiin. Saka inisip ko na lang na kaya nawala yun ay dahil may ibibigay or ipapalit syang mas maganda pa dun. Ingat ingat na lang next time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Jericho. I have forgiven those men already. But i think, all of us should be vigilant to do our part when notice situations like this. Help me spread the word about this. and together lets help to have this evils be put jail.

    ReplyDelete
  9. aaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww God is a God of replacements...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. U are so right man. I'm clinging to Gods awesome promise! im so excited! hehehe

      Delete
  10. Hi Waw. Sad to hear what happened. However, I am happy reading on how you are able to handle it.

    I have personally lost 2 gadgets, less than a month old, in the past (stolen in a way) while the payment terms are for a year. However, it made me think of my purchasing decisions and the lesson I am supposed to learn. My purchasing habits has change since.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Miss Janette. as they say, everything that happens has a purpose. See you soon my mentor. :)

      Delete
  11. Thanks for sharing your story. :) Recently, I've been always using the mrt. Ayala to Ortigas station. and I was thinking of buying a new cp. After reading this, it changed my mind. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading Aika. Shit happens everywhere... just be cautious. :)

      Delete
  12. U r a man of faith, and ur stronghold is really God.

    ReplyDelete